Social work as well as the wider social care workforce has a fundamental role in protecting Scotland’s children.
This responsibility is shared with other key public services, communities and families. Social workers have a robust, evidence-based, understanding of the range of factors that affect children and their families and collectively Social Work Scotland has the professional practice wisdom and the line of sigh to the most vulnerable children in Scotland.
The key priorities identified by the committee include:
- the impact of health and social care on children’s services
- the impact of new legislation
- strategic commissioning
- workload management and resouce allocation in child care
- mental health and assessment in secure care – conference workshop
- the dentention of young people in police custody
- self directed support/personalisation in child care
- national strategy for violence against women and girls
- joint seminar with ADES/SOLACE – The Early Years
In 2019 and 2020, we will see work progressed on:
- health and social care integration
- close monitoring of the impact of new legislation
- futher clarity on strategic commissioning
- the implications of personalisation
There are no meetings currently scheduled. Please contact us for more information about this committee.
Practice Network Meetings
Contracts and Commissioning
|04/09/201911am - 3pm||Raploch Community Campus||Raploch Community Campus
|04/12/201911am - 3pm||Raploch Community Campus||Raploch Community Campus