Social Work Scotland is committed to supporting the development of the social work profession by working with partners to celebrate success, develop social work education and standards, and create opportunities for learning.
To drive forward Social Work Scotland’s support to the profession we have created the OD Hub. The hub operates outside the parameters of membership and involves key individuals from across the sector who can support SWS to meet its objectives. The membership of the group comprises representatives from Scottish government, Care Inspectorate, the Universities, SSSC, learning networks, and centres of excellence and research.
- Promoting the identity and role of social workers and social care professionals
- Promoting relationship and asset based approaches as a positive contribution to public sector reform
- Professional learning
- Developing the health and wellbeing of the workforce
Priorities for this Year
- National Health and Social Care Workforce Plan
- Acting on the themes of community and relationships that emerged from our National Summit in response to the challenges of austerity and increasing demand
- Resilience for practitioners
- Clinical and Care Governance
- The Review of Social Work Education
Practice Network Meetings
Learning and Workforce
|20/03/201911am - 3pm||Raploch Campus||Raploch Community Campus
|06/06/201911am - 3pm||Raploch Campus||Raploch Community Campus
|17/09/201911am - 3pm||Raploch Campus||Raploch Community Campus
|29/11/201911am - 3pm||Raploch Campus||Raploch Community Campus
The Knowledge Hub
The Knowledge Hub supports members of the Learning and Workforce practice network to share resources and information on areas of work.
We will also be developing the area to share our updates and meeting agendas. Current areas of shared interest include induction to services, supervision policies, SQA/SVQ development and planning, SSSC registration requirements, practice learning, leadership and management qualifications.
For more information, contact Gillian Ferguson at email@example.com.The Knowledge Hub website