20th March 2020
We’ll keep this page updated and will revisit on a daily basis.
Last updated: Wednesday 1 April 3.55pm
Legislation, policy & guidance
- Supplementary Child Protection Guidance
- Childcare, keyworkers and vulnerable children Guidance
- CPR and resuscitation in prisons guidance
- The Parliamentary Coronavirus Bill and Explanatory Guidance have been published, plus accompanying documents. We’re currently working through this and will update as we have more information on the impact.
- Judiciary of Scotland response to Coronavirus Bill
- Regulatory Changes during the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic
- The Scottish Court and Tribunals Service has introduced the next phase of their contingency plans for COVID-19 and updated guidance on compliance with family court orders
Practice and approach examples
- Regularly updated section is here
Social Work Scotland business
- Our Standing Committees and many of our subgroups are cancelled for the forseeable future. Contact your chair for further information.
- We’ve postponed our conference from 17 & 18 June to 23 and 24 November 2020
- Training for the Scottish Child Interview Model has been put on hold. We remain committed to implementation of this new model for joint investigative interviewing of children and will resume as soon as possible. Contact the team for more information.
Updates from other organisations
- SSSC and Care Inspectorate updates
- Iriss updates
- Joint statement from SCRA and Childrens Hearings Scotland
- Letter from the Office of the Chief Social Work Adviser to CSWOs (18 March 2020) here (PDF)
- COVID-19 – Letter to CSWOs about Justice Social Work from Director of Justice and CSWA (20 March) (PDF)
- SASW updates
- Health Protection Scotland updates
- Scottish Government updates
- Scottish Government and COSLA update on supporting Keyworkers (25 March)
- PBS+SWS Joint Letter on Updated Parole Arrangements (PDF)