Last Updated: 29 June 2020
Why is your data collected?
We use the information that you provide us with for one of the following purposes:
- To send out email alerts and news bulletins to those who are members of Social Work Scotland;
- To record your response to a survey;
- To record your attendance at one of our events;
- To respond to your enquiries/feedback;
- To improve the user-experience on our website by monitoring how you use it;
- If you have applied for a job/secondment with us (your application will only be stored in our system for one month after the application deadline);
- If you are employed by Social Work Scotland;
- To process invoices and bills in your name.
The personal data you provide us with will only be viewed by Social Work Scotland staff unless covered by subsequent sections of this Policy.
What data do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, bulletins with time sensitive information as required;
- To send you information about events you have booked to attend;
- To collect your views and feedback on events and activity;
- To send you mailings and information about our work that might be of interest to you.
If you would like to unsubscribe to Member’s Communications, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for your details to be taken off your database. Once you have unsubscribed, your details will be deleted immediately from the system.
We collect names and job information from responses to surveys and evaluation forms we send out through Survey Monkey. In some cases we might also collect your email address on selected surveys. Your information and your views will not be shared outside our Organisation.
When you sign up for an event (either via Eventbrite or by directly emailing us), we will use your details for the purposes of managing the event. In some cases we will share your name and organisation on delegate lists circulated to attendees on the day. These will not include any contact details unless we have been granted your permission in advance.
Your email address may also be used to contact you for surveys related to the event you attended and to inform you of future Social Work Scotland events and activity, only if you give consent to be contacted.
When you apply for a job or secondment with Social Work Scotland, we will hold your data for one month following the deadline for applications. Your data will be then destroyed.
We will retain the personal information of successful applicants for the period of their employment or secondment to Social Work Scotland, and beyond that, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
For how long?
We keep your information on our system for as long as you are a current member of Social Work Scotland. If you decide to end your membership, or if your membership lapses, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Security of your personal information
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Please email email@example.com with any data access / update request.