Last updated: February 2021
Justice: for the first time, national guidance on Structured Deferred Sentences (SDS) has been published to support wider usage and increase consistency in its provision and operation.
Children and families: We have updated our Contact Framework to reflect developments (January 2021)
Workforce: The Scottish Government have published FAQs around the £500 payment to health and social care workers
Social Work Scotland during the pandemic
- Chief Social Work Officers are meeting on a fortnightly basis. with interim meetings as needed. Contact us for more information.
- Our Standing Committees and many of our subgroup meetings have continued digitally. Contact your Chair for further information.
- You can find our responses to COVID19 and pandemic related consultations here, including unpaid work hours and the Independent Review of Adult Social Care
- Our 2021 conference will be held at the Crieff Hydro on 26 October 2021, subject to review.
- We have updated our pandemic Contact Framework for children and families, to reflect developments (January 2021)
- You can read our SDS team’s Frequently Asked Questions on Self-directed Support Option 1 and Option 2 during the Coronavirus pandemic (updated 31 July 2020) (Word doc)
Updates from other organisations